AA Preamble means Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they can solve their common problem and help others recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for this membership is the desire to stop drinking alcohol. There is no due or fee for AA. membership; We are self-reliant through our own contributions. AA is not affiliated with any denomination, sect, politics, organization or institution; Do not want to get involved in any dispute, nor support or oppose any cause. Our primary aim is to stay calm and help other alcoholics gain restraint.
How It Works?
Hardly have we seen anyone fail who has fully followed our path. Those who do not recover or those who cannot or may not fully give themselves up in this ordinary program, usually men and women who are constitutionally unable to be honest with themselves. Such are the misfortunes. They have no fault; infact they seem to have been born that way.
They are unable to understand and develop the way to live naturally that demands rigid honesty. Their probability is lower than average. There are also people who suffer from serious emotional and mental disorders, but many of them recover when they have the ability to be honest.
Their stories reveal in a general way what we were before, what happened and what we are now. If you’ve decided what you want from them to have and you’re willing to go to any extent.
Get it – then you’re ready to take a few steps.
We stumbled upon some of them. We thought we could find an easy, soft way. But we couldn’t. With all seriousness in our order, we beg you to be fearless and complete from the very beginning. Some of us have tried to hold onto our old thoughts and the result was zero until we completely let go.
Remember that we deal with alcohol—clever, shocking, powerful! Without any help it is too much for them. But there is one who has all the power—he is God. Can you find him now!
Half of the measures did not help us at all. We stood at the turn. We sought their safety and care with complete sacrifice.
Steps of AA Preamble.
Here are the steps we have taken, which have been suggested as a program of recovery:
- We admitted that we were powerless on alcohol – that our lives had become unbearable.
- It began to believe that a power greater than us could restore us to holiness.
As we understood him, we decided to turn our will and our life into God’s care.
- Discover yourself and create fearless moral lists.
- Before God, ourselves, and to any other human being is acknowledged what is the true nature of our being wrong.
- Were fully prepared to remove all these character defects from God.
- Humbly asked him to remove their shortcomings.
- Made a list of all the people we had harmed, and got ready to rectify them all.
- Made direct amendments to such people wherever possible, except when to do so it may injure them or others.
- Continued to take the personal list and immediately accepted it when we were wrong.
- To improve our conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation, as we understood Him, prayed only for us the knowledge of His will and the power to fulfil it.
- Having achieved spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we attempted to take this message to the alcoholics and practice these principles in all our cases.
If they are painstaking about this stage of their development, they will be amazed before halfway through. They will be able to know about their new freedom and a new happiness. They will not regret the past nor want to close the door on it. They will understand the word peace and will know peace. No matter how low we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That sense of vanity and self-pity will disappear. They will start to lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our peers. The self-respect will go away. Our attitude and outlook towards life will change. The fear of the people and the fear of economic insecurity which they are facing will leave them. We will instinctively know how to handle situations that used to confuse us. They will suddenly realize that everything God is doing for them what they could not do for themselves.
A platform where we guide you in every steps to lead a healthy lifestyle. We’re devoted to being your source for professional health management. Join us in your chase of wellness.